New Zealand High Commission Honiara, Solomon Islands
New Zealand Scholarships and Training Awards
New Zealand Scholarships contribute to equitable economic growth and poverty reduction in your country. Through Scholarships for tertiary education and skills development, New Zealand contributes to a growing population of well-educated and highly-skilled people with the necessary abilities and qualifications to make a real and positive difference to their country and communities and who will generate and sustain economic growth for your country.
New Zealand Scholarships are offered in key priority subject areas that are jointly agreed with the Government of your country. Scholarships provide an opportunity for people to obtain qualifications at participating New Zealand universities and technical institutions.
- New Zealand Pacific Scholarships (NZPS) are available for both undergraduate and postgraduate study in New Zealand. NZPS applications for school leavers are due by 27 May of each year. NZPS applications for in-service candidates are due by 6 May of each year.
- New Zealand Regional Development Scholarhips (NZRDS) are available for both undergraduate and postgraduate study at a Pacific based tertiary institution. NZRDS applications for school leavers are due by 27 May of each year. NZRDS applications for in-service candidates are due by 6 May of each year.
- Short Term Training Awards (STTA) are available for vocational and skills-based training in New Zealand for a period of less than one year. STTA applications are due by 6 May of each year.
Priority Subject Areas
Scholarships are offered in specific subject areas that are relevant to the development needs and employment opportunities of your country. Scholarships are available for the following subjects:
- Agriculture (incl: Agribusiness & Animal Health)
- Business (private sector)
- Diplomacy/Foreign Affairs
- Disaster Risk Management
- Environmental/Natural Resource Management
- Fisheries/Marine Resources
- Food Safety
- Human Rights/Gender
- Information Technology
- Public Sector Management/Governance
- Public Utilities and Infrastructure
- Renewable Energy
- Skilled trades (plumbing, electrical, construction)
- Urban Planning & Development
- Waste Management
|NZRDS APPLICATION FORM.pdf|
|STTA application form August 2013.pdf|